soft blue background

May 4, 2011

busyness

Busyness....

Sometimes we get so busy that we feel trapped, overwhelmed, depressed, irritable....

This pass Sunday, Rich (our pastor at Wolfforth) started a serious on busyness that is going through the month of may. Who would of thought that the Lord would of gently slapped me in the face with this issue three days after the fact!!

I have always been busy!
High school it was sun up till sun down with school, church and after school programs.
In college... I was that student that took too many hours per semester while working 3 jobs while working with youth and having a social life!

When I turned 20, I found out that I had high blood pressure and migraines entered my life. My dad was also diagnosed with those around the same time. Needless to say, we are all good now except i still have some very intense migraines, but that was my wake up call! I mean I was having the same health problems as my dad and were 30 years apart!

So began the de-cluttering of my life.

I wish I could say that it is all under control and that God's peace is with me daily but it is still a struggle.

I knew this would be a good sermon series but I had no idea of how God would already being to change my heart so soon!!

I am completely for not putting God in a box! When we allow God to lead our lives (free of a box) and to schedule our lives, we are led by his Spirit and covered with his peace.

So if you happen to be reading and are thinking well I know that I never have God in a box or at least try not too...

Did you get out of the box????

This is what hit me today when talking with a dear friend! She noted how I have big out of the box dreams and visions for my life and ministry, and yet I am trying to follow everything and align everything according to the rules of the "box". I mean... im married now... I am expected to help provide financially for our family and make sure we are secure right!?!?

And it hit me

I have no problem with not boxing up God, but many times I do not get out of the box in order to 100% follow God!

So i layer my life with busyness and deadlines, homework, work, church, family, friends, and youth and then random retreats and days of just lazy wastefulness because I am just too dang tired from my busy schedule ... THAT I HAVE ALREADY CUT OUT SO MUCH FROM!!

I need to learn to put that trust back in the Lord. Trust that I didn't even know I had taken back. If i am going to go through all this schooling and working in order to pursue my calling and visions from the Lord then I need to get my head out of the box it is in and follow the Lord's direction and timing in order to live a peaceful life through God's peace.

I think it is so funny that out of a simple random conversation and a sermon, God begins to shed light on what we do not realize we are still clinging to when we recognize it and accept God's direction, peace comes in an overwhelming power.

I have been clinging to this structure of college, grad school, grad school grad school and then begin to work and support my family and then maybe after our future kids are up and out and in college, I will get to pursue the visions of my calling. Or maybe as i step out of the box and allow the Lord to guide and lead and bring the finances when and how we need them instead of worrying about it all, I can begin today instead of just simply waiting for tomorrow.

I know first hand how God brings the daily manna when we stop and take the time to receive it.

So this is just the 3rd day of revelation! I can  not wait to see where and how God is going to direct us through the rest of the month! I am still processing so I am sure there will be more posts! (especially since I have not had the time haha)

Jaime

No comments:

Post a Comment